Thursday, July 15, 2004

CBS, please pick up the pace

Oh my...my CBS stories are getting a bit boring. Even the Brooke and Ridge wedding didn't have fireworks. I expected Stephanie to come in with an Uzi not tad bit tipsy.
ATWT has not a storyline that I care about happening at this time. I guess that might be with no Katie and no Carly on screen. While the budding romance with Paul and Roseanna could be interesting, it is too bogged down in the Steinbeck storyline.
GL is making too big a deal out of the Gus/Harley "trust" issue since we viewers KNOW that Gus is lying to her/covering for his families involvement in drug dealing. It could be a good storyline if they just didn't use the word "trust" in every other sentence. We see where this is going, you don't need to cram it down our throats.
I thought summer storylines were supposed to be the best. Yet, it is July and I can't make myself watch my shows this week. I see promise on the horizon:
BB has the Forrester showdown: Ridge vs Thorne
ATWT has the blooming romances. They just recycling the old "pregant by the wrong man" storyline (Jessica and Doc) and the Dusty/Lucy coupling is plain unbelievable. (Hello?! She just graduated from high school!)
GL could pick up the pace by showing more of the Philip vs Oliva storyline, especially when viewers are questioning which side of the fence Bill will land. I can even tolerate the teen storyline--as long as Lizzie eventually gets hers.

No comments: