Friday, January 07, 2005

ATWT: Henry and Katie--you're kidding me right?

I still sit here with my face scrunched up. This may be a permanent state after hearing Henry's "confession" that he loved Katie.

Is it just me or is this just lame, lame, lame storyline?

Here is why I think this is bad:
1. Henry and Katie were one of the few platonic male-female friendships on the show that didn't even hint at crossing over the friendship/lover line. Why spoil that?

2. Isn't Henry supposed to be gay? And if not, why can't he be? I know it's daring for daytime to cross certain lines but come on--it's 2005. If you want to be diverse, be truly diverse.

3. It puts an unneeded four-way chink in the Katie-Mike story.
I can only hope that this is just Henry being silly and seeing this as a way to a) put Jenn at ease at what Henry is doing and b) make Mike realize his feelings for Katie.

What do you think?

No comments: