Wednesday, March 14, 2007

34th Daytime Emmys: Lead Actress Nominations

Outstanding Lead Actress In A Drama Series

MAURA WEST, AS CARLY SNYDER AS THE WORLD TURNS * CBS
CRYSTAL CHAPPELL, AS OLIVIA SPENCER GUIDING LIGHT * CBS
KIM ZIMMER, AS REVA SHAYNE LEWIS GUIDING LIGHT * CBS
JEANNE COOPER, AS KATHERINE CHANCELLOR THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS * CBS
MICHELLE STAFFORD, AS PHYLLIS SUMMERS NEWMAN THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS * CBS


I barely heard the other nominations since I was jumping and shouting for joy over Maura's nominations. Although now I can barely hear over the roar that CBS locked all nominations in this category. Notable oversights are Nancy Lee Grahn (GH) and Susan Flannery (BB).
My theory on the latter is that she intentionally didn't submit well (because she has great material there in December) in hopes that would bring Kathy Kelley Lang into the fold. Just a theory.
How is Jeanne Cooper in this category? I am not doubting her acting skills, just her "lead" placement.
My hopes are for Maura West. But, too early to predict until you see the submitted episodes.

No comments: