Sunday, April 09, 2006

ATWT: Oh Jack!

Oh, why is ATWT playing with my emotions?! Another Jack and Carly split. The longing in each other's eyes, but the refusal by Jack to forgive Carly. I know, I know-Carly does stuff that is just so off the wall, but she has good intentions. BTW, I did like how Hal compared her to Barbara (who is also always claiming "good intentions") and when Carly objects, he states that their rap sheets are practically identical. Hmmm..good point.

However, what I would like to see happen is the point of this post.

I would love to see Jack tie this drugging Nick and the sexual setup to his past experience of being drugged and raped by Julia. ATWT never dealt with the trauma associated with male rape. And macho police-officer Jack isn't going to admit that he is suffering or ask for help. I would like to see this tied together, along with Carly's drugging Gwen, as sort of a PTSD storyline.

No comments: