Sunday, January 28, 2007

AMC: Dixie Dies!

This is a spoiler. I hate spoilers. But, this particular one was hard to avoid if anyone does any soap-related surfing on the internet. I guess this explains why Cady hasn't posted on her witty and insightful blog since the beginning of the new year.

And, there is some controversy over this one. First, AMC does this big production of bringing back Cady McClain as Dixie. Then, just a bit over a year later they are killing off the character as an inadvertant victim of the serial killer. And, they are killing her in a way that doesn't seem possible to bring her back from the dead (more on that issue later--cuz I have some major thoughts on that).

I heard a rumor that she is headed to Guiding Light. I wonder what character she could play over there. Someone new? A recast? I'm really trying not to read the spoilers.

However, I would love, love, love (really, I would love it) if she came back as Rosanna Cabot on ATWT. Now that Craig is back (though not our beloved--and Cady's personal beloved--Hunt Block), it would be perfect timing. Maybe she could come back with Carly after Maura West's maternity leave. Maybe she could come back before then and, once again, play a motherly role to Carly's kids.

I will be thrilled if she is on either show and the CBS fans will welcome her with wide open arms.

No comments: