Sunday, January 28, 2007

ATWT: Registered vs Bearer Bonds

I know. I am being picky.

However, ATWT has driven me nuts this week with their storyline about Casey stealing Will's registered bonds. When Barbara handed these securities over to Will, she cautioned him to be careful because they were "registered bonds" and can be redeemed by anyone. This wasn't just a one day error, but repeated throughout the week.

Putting on my stock broker's hat:

Registered bonds are just that--registed to the name of the bond holder. They can only be redeemed either by the registered holder or, if endorsed, to whomever they are endorsed.

Bearer bonds are more likely what Babs and the rest of the ATWT characters meant. These are not registered to any individual and are payable to the bearer or the person who is in possession of the bonds.

Again, just being picky but it is driving me nuts.

No comments: